Sunday, May 24, 2009

Circle Jerks



I've been digging through a box of my old stuff that I found buried in the garage. There were a bunch of old punk rock fliers in it. This is my all time favorite flyer....always has been. You youngsters aren't going to understand how really insane this show would have been. This was the 80's and their just wasn't the kind of crossover between music that there is now. Punk and Hip Hop did not mix. This would have either been a blood bath or some kind of weird scene were people just didn't know what to do or think of one another. The bloods and the crips may have just come together for one night only to wage war againt the punks. Who knows???? This show never happened as, if I remember right, RUN DMC cancelled their entire tour because of gang violence between the bloods and crips at the shows. Colors....colors....

No comments: